Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 Days of Dracula- Day 2: The Graphic Novel

Actually, I was wrong yesterday and didn't realize it until later.  The FIRST version of Dracula I ever read was the "Now Age Illustrated" version.  It's a graphic novel version from before they were a thing.  It's illustrated by Filipino artist Nestor Redondo.
Even today, I still remember black and white art.  The moment that stands out, even after all these years is Dracula, a gleam in his eyes and his hand raised.. asking "What devil or what witch was ever so great as Attila, whose blood is in these veins?' or whatever the quote was- I know it was abridged, but I definitely remember the part about Attila.

While I was working on this I had a moment:
OH MY.  1) Marvel did an edition of this book.  2) In color.
This was the panel I was remembering and DAMN if it isn't as effective now as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...