Saturday, October 1, 2016

31 Days of Dracula- Day 1: The Book

Happy Halloween Month! 
In celebration of the most monsteriffic of holidays, I'm going to look at one of the greats of the genre, Dracula. 
I'll start where it all began: the novel.  Originally published in 1897, the novel has had multiple editions over the decades.  These three are the core of my bookshelf, and I'll be dealing with each of them in the next couple of weeks, but I'll start with the Essenital Dracula edited by Leonard Wolf from ibooks, the most recent version of the edition I read first. 
Yes, that does sound a little confusing.  The text used in this book is from the second printing of the first edition.  Wolf was the editor and annotator of The Annotated Dracula in 1975.  Byron Preiss Publishing updated the Annotated Dracula as The Essential Dracula, not to be confused with the Essential Dracula from McNally and Florescu from the seventies...
This is what happens when books enter the public domain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...