Thursday, October 8, 2015

Satan's School for Girls

Earlier this year, I was doing reasearch for something I was writing and it involved watching lots and lots of seventies movies, theatrical and televised.  Somehow I missed Satan's School for Girls (1973).

I'd seen it... or at least thought I'd seen it years ago.  Honestly, even while watching it, I'm not sure.  I dimly recall watching something girls school and occulty on RealPlayer back in the nineties or so (I vaguely remember watching Suspiria, which kind of pairs nicely with this, as well as this).

Elizabeth (Pamela Franklin) Sayer's sister kills herself and she goes to her sister's school to find out why.  Her classmates at the Salem Academy for Women are the future Charlie's Angels Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd.

Soon her classmates start dying, and she has her suspicions regarding the professor responsible.

This is a great example of the early seventies fascination with the occult, actually pre-The Exorcist talk of Satan- but that's the seventies for you, when even McMillan and Wife go up against a Satanic cult a month later on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...