Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Getting Started On Horror Part One


In my last post, I mention something that frightened me as a kid- so where did the fascination with horror movies come from?

Books, actually.  First, The Dynamite Monster Hall of Fame.  This was from Scholastic and I probably got it through my English teacher.  It concentrated mostly on Universal Monsters, but looked at King Kong and Godzilla, as well as the monsters of the fifties.  It was pretty simple, not surprising for a kid's book,  but it was a good introduction.

I've since lost my original copy, but they're available on Amazon.

Great Monsters of the Movies was the other gateway into horror, more of a "grown-up" book- geared more for a sixth or seventh grader!
There's even a still picture from London After Midnight.

I found my copy recently and it's got my name scrawled in it in my elementary school handwriting.

After these two books, I got hooked on the Crestwood House
books, which I'll touch on in my next post.

--

I told Igor I was starting a new blog and that I'd be referring to him as Igor.  I think he thought I was joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...