Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Post.

This is always the fun one.  The "Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself" post.
I like horror movies and horror fiction.
I like non-fiction, both related and unrelated to the genre.
I don't eat drink, sleep and breathe horror, but I do snack, nap and sigh it.

And who doesn't love a good nap?

In order of importance, my cinematic genre interests are Universal Horror, Hammer Studios, and Seventies/Eighties Drive-In/Grindhouse/Midnight Movies.  Oddly enough, that's also in chronological order.

For reading, of course I appreciate Lovecraft, Stephen King, mostly the early stuff, Thomas Ligotti, and Clive Barker.  For non-fiction, genre related, Kim Newman, Tom Weaver, and David Skal lead the pack.

So, I'll be recommending books and movies, with the occasional warning to avoid something if it's... unworthy of your time.

Thank you for your time, and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...